USS Aquatics Program
Lifeguard / Pool Monitor
This is a part time position that has the potential to grow as the program grows. If you are interested but don’t have your certifications, please see John Paulsen at 323-4948.
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Location: 125 West Main Street
Hours: Up to 10 hours week to start, Monday thru Friday
Summary: Part time lifeguard/pool monitor for USS aquatics classes.
1 – Serve as lifeguard for aquatics classes.
2 – Maintain records of class attendance.
3 – Test pool water for proper chemical balances.
4 – Report any maintenance issues to the Director of Operations.
5 – Other duties as assigned.
Supervise: No supervision required
Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent, on the job training, need current lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certificates
Knowledge/Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of the needs and interests of older adults, ability to speak to groups, ability to work independently, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
Prior Experience: 1 year of demonstrated relevant experience a plus.
For more information or to apply contact John Paulsen, Director of Operations, at 323-4948. USS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (2-8-19)
Employment Status: Part time Up To 30h/w
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Transportation Coordinator
Position Summary: Responsible for providing transportation to older adults; performing basic maintenance and repair of vehicles; and maintaining accurate records.
- Knows and follows all laws and regulations pertaining to passenger transportation.
- Transports clients to nutrition sites, medical appointments, essential errands and social trips as scheduled.
- Assist all passengers on and off vehicles as necessary to insure their safety.
- Inspect vehicles (and specialized equipment such as wheel chair lifts and tie-downs) before each trip and complete pre-trip inspection form.
- Performs preventative maintenance checks as scheduled.
- Reports mechanical problems and passenger complaints to the Transportation Coordinator immediately after they occur.
- Complete log sheet on each trip and gives to the Transportation Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Collects client contributions, and gives to the Transportation Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Cleans inside of vehicles on a daily basis.
- Assist the Transportation Coordinator with minor maintenance and repairs of vehicles as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent; must be 18 years of age or older.
- Complete Defensive Driving Training Course, CPR/First Aid Course, and Exposure Control Training.
- Participate in agency staff orientation.
- Participate in required annual minimum of 8 hours of continuing education or in-service training.
Knowledge and Skill
- Must have an excellent driving record and experience driving in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of Springfield and Clark County.
- Ability to read road maps and have a good sense of direction.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize and understand basic vehicle maintenance needs.
Ability to Operate Equipment, Tools or Work Aids: Car, Vans, Minivans, Wheelchair Lift, 4-point tie down system, 2-way radio
Personal Traits: Honest and dependable, Detail oriented, Cooperative and able to work as part of a team, good listening skills, Ability to maintain confidentiality, Empathetic and respectful of others, Sensitive to the needs / interests of older adults, Self-motivated and able to work independently and meet schedules.
License/Certification: Valid Ohio driver’s license
Physical Abilities: Sight, speech and hearing are essential; Must present a clean, neat appearance. Able to lift and carry 40 lbs., Able to transfer people from wheelchairs; Must pass annual ODOT physical and drug screening, as well as random drug screenings.
Expected Behaviors: Ability to relate well to older adults; self-directed; organized; Ability to work under varying degrees of stress and handle multiple tasks with minimal errors or loss of focus, positive outlook
Working Conditions: Working outside, driving various routes and vehicles in all types of weather conditions.
The normal work routine involves minimal exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues and the incumbent can decline to perform tasks which involve a perceived risk without retribution. Exposure Control Training will be provided.
For more information or to apply contact John Paulsen, Director of Operations, at 323-4948.The application period will remain open until the position is filled. United Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Updated 1-7-19.